HARMAN Professional Solutions, the global leader in audio,
video, lighting and control systems, including networked AV, has
unveiled JBL by HARMAN 3 Series MkII powered studio monitors which
debuted at the 2018 NAMM Show.
The next-generation 3 Series MKii studio monitors retain the best qualities of the
original LSR 3 Series, but now offer better performance in more production
environments - along with a sleek new look and sizing.
Three different sizes are available: 305P MkII (5"), 306P MkII (6.5") and 308P MkII (8")
POWERED REFERENCE MONITORS
OFFER UNPARALLELED SOUND,
VERSATILITY AND AFFORDABILITY
PRO-QUALITY MONITORING FOR ANY STUDIO OR WORKSPACE
Get legendary JBL performance in your studio with the next-generation
JBL 3 Series, compact powered studio monitors. Integrating the
revolutionary JBL Image Control Waveguide, 3 Series MkII monitors offer
stunning detail, precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and impressive
dynamic range that’s unheard of in their class.
With JBL’s patented Slip
Stream™ Port and 200w of power, the LSR310S subwoofer adds deep,
accurate bass to your monitoring system.
Whether you’re working in
stereo, 2.1, or beyond into immersive audio - the 3 Series family will
enhance the critical listening capabilities of any production space - and
deliver an enjoyable mix experience at an accessible price.
What's New in 3 Series MKII?
MAKE YOUR MARK WITH SUPERIOR STUDIO MONITORS
Since their release, word has spread on the quality and value found
in the original JBL 3 Series, resulting in wide adoption from hobbyists
to high-end professionals working in music, film, post, and broadcast
With such an obvious hit, you might ask, "Why
update now?" On every JBL project, there’s always a handful of features
or improvements that the engineering team can’t squeeze in before going
to production, and 3 Series was no different.
When the opportunity
presented itself, we decided to make those final improvements to the
transducers, add a frequently-requested feature, and apply the latest
The result—new editions of these popular studio
monitors that retain the best qualities of the originals, but now look
better, sound better, and provide transparent sound in even more
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimised transient response and improved linearity
- Sleek, modern design provides a dramatic flair to any studio
- New Boundary EQ delivers better bass performance when monitors are placed close to walls or corners
Image Control Waveguide
PRECISE DETAIL AND A BIGGER SWEET SPOT
Reveal impressive detail, ambience and depth in your mixes thanks to
the groundbreaking JBL Image Control Waveguide.
Originally developed for
our flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor, this patented innovation
ensures an acoustically seamless transition between the low- and
high-frequency transducers and provides an immersive soundstage with
Offering a broad sweet spot and neutral frequency
response, 3 Series monitors deliver a crystal-clear representation of
your mix—revealing subtle details, even when listening off-axis.
- Detailed imaging and a broad, room-friendly sweet spot
- Neutral in-room response for better accuracy
- Same patented design as used on the M2 Master Reference Monitor
Next Generation Transducers
ENHANCED MIXING ACCURACY
To help you make the best mix decisions, we equipped all the monitors
in this series with acclaimed 3 Series transducers that now perform
Hear deep, accurate and tightly controlled bass thanks to a
long-throw woofer and the patented JBL Slip Stream™ low-frequency port.
Enjoy soaring, immaculately detailed highs via the woven-composite 1"
Neodymium tweeter. JBL engineers took things to the next level with
faster HF transient response through fine-tuned ferrofluid damping, and
greater low-frequency linearity and lower harmonic distortion, courtesy
of an enhanced woofer design.
The result is a studio monitor you can
trust - with unmatched peak handling, stunning dynamics and neutral
frequency response that’s unbeatable in its class.
- Three different sizes available: 305P MkII (5"), 306P MkII (6.5") and 308P MkII (8")
- Next-generation JBL transducers for optimised transient response and improved linearity
- Patented Slip Stream™ low-frequency port and long-throw woofers provide superior bass performance
- Woven-composite 1" Neodymium tweeter for detailed and accurate highs
BIG SOUND OUT OF THE BOX
JBL 3 Series monitors are ready for the most demanding production
styles right out of the box. Dual integrated Class D power amplifiers,
which we custom designed for each transducer, give you generous dynamic
range for any project.
From music production and podcasting to cinematic
sound design or daily vlogging, enjoy the output and power you need to
hear exceptional detail at any volume-even at peak SPLs. Simply plug in,
power on, and start creating.
- Dual integrated, custom Class D amplifiers
- Superior dynamic range
- Reduced distortion and extended frequency response
TAILORED SOUND TO FIT YOUR STUDIO
The dimensions and acoustics of a room can have a major effect on
sonic accuracy, and that’s why the JBL 3 Series family lets you adjust
the response to fit your studio.
The new Boundary EQ attenuates the
low-end boost that can occur when you place monitors directly on the
desktop or near walls. The 3-position HF Trim switch allows you to
adjust the high-frequency response of the monitors to tailor them to
room acoustics or personal tastes.
- Customise monitor response to fit your workspace
- Boundary EQ compensates for low-frequency variants introduced by the environment
- HF Trim switch adjusts high-frequency output to room acoustics or personal preferences
Flexible Connectivity for Your Studio
PROFESSIONAL FORMATS FOR EASY INTEGRATION
Offering both balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, and adjustable
+4dBu/-10dBV input sensitivity, monitors in the 3 Series family offer
flexible, professional connectivity options that provide easy setup
while maintaining your signal integrity.
- Compatible with professional connectivity formats
-Balanced XLR inputs and 1/4" TRS inputs
-Switchable between +4dBu and -10dBV input sensitivity
Renowned JBL Technology
70 YEARS OF EXPERTISE
The 3 Series family design leverages over 70 years of JBL acoustic
expertise to create refined studio monitors that deliver outstanding
While other manufacturers use off-the-shelf components, and make
subjective decisions about the sound, we build speakers that squeeze
every ounce of performance from each component to deliver efficient,
accurate sound reproduction.
Monitors in the 3 Series are designed to
the JBL Linear Spatial Reference criteria—a series of 72 individual
measurements taken 360 degrees around each speaker to ensure a faithful
reproduction of your mix, whatever your listening environment.
- Engineered to JBL Linear Spatial Reference design criteria for outstanding accuracy
- All custom designed—no off-the-shelf components
- Leverages JBL expertise for efficient, accurate performance
Built to Last
JBL PROFESSIONAL RELIABILITY
JBL Professional studio monitors are designed for reliable
performance, even when projects push your gear to the limit.
being approved for production, 3 Series monitors must first pass our
strenuous JBL Power Test. Each model is required to perform flawlessly
at maximum volume for an unheard-of 100 hours - without failure. As a
result, you can depend on 3 Series monitors to deliver consistently
excellent sound reproduction for years to come.
- Strenuous JBL 100-hour power test ensures long-term reliability
- Dependable and consistent performance
- Legendary JBL build-quality
POWERFUL EXTENDED BASS RESPONSE
The optional LSR310S subwoofer
allows you to extend the bass response of the 3 Series monitors even
It incorporates the patented JBL Slip Stream™ Port, which works
in concert with a custom 10" down-firing driver and a 200 Watt
amplifier to add deep, powerful bass to any studio monitor system.
XLF Extended Low Frequency Setting, a JBL first, activates a
specially-engineered tuning that emulates the ample bass tuning used in
today's dance clubs.
The LSR310S offers plenty of other professional
features including balanced inputs and outputs, selectable input
sensitivity, and a choice of three crossover settings.
- Patented Slip Stream™ Port helps add deep, powerful bass
- XLF Extended Low Frequency Setting emulates the bass tuning used in dance clubs
- Choose from three different crossover settings
The 3 Series Family
CHOOSE THE MODEL THAT FITS YOUR WORKSPACE
With three different models to choose from, there’s a 3 Series monitor to fit your studio and budget.
The 5" 305P MkII offers a remarkably full sound in an enclosure small enough to fit in the tightest workspace.
The 6.5" 306P MkII is perfect if you need even more volume and bass response while still maintaining a compact footprint.
The 8" 308P MkII
is the largest and most powerful of the three models in the series,
offering impressive low end, high output and excellent dynamic range.
- Small-footprint 305P MkII perfect for small workspaces
- New 306P MkII features 6.5" driver for big sound with a compact footprint
- 308P MkII combines power and size for ultimate bass response
- Add deep, powerful bass to any studio monitor system with the LSR310S