Professional studio recording
Professional stage miking
Drum overhead miking
- AKG's Legendary 1" Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical Noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh Grill for high RF immunity but unaffected Acoustics
- All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria
Industry-leading AKG C414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected work horse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new AKG C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C414 B-XLS.
Like the C414 models, the AKG C214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch-all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the AKG C214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the AKG C214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
- H85 Universal Shock Mount
- W214 Windscreen
- Hard shell road case