Offering an enriched feature set and retaining the ease of use of the groundbreaking Vista 1 digital mixing console in a sleekly designed form factor, HARMAN’s Studer is introducing the Vista 1 Black Edition at IBC 2015.
Thanks to the patented Vistonics™ user interface with 40 on-screen rotary knobs, the Vista 1’s look and feel is identical to that of its larger sister models the Vista X and Vista V. Features such as true broadcast monitoring, talkback, red light control, GPIO, N-x (Mix Minus) busses, snapshot automation and DAW control make the Vista 1 an ideal choice for broadcast, live and production use.
For theatre productions, the Vista 1 comes with the complete toolset for sound designers. The enhanced theatre CUE list includes Character/Actor Library event handling, with MUTE and VCA events handling. CUEs can fire MIDI/MMC events as well as loading different Strip Setups and UAD Plug-In snapshots.
With software v5.3, the Vista 1 Black Edition user will also get the most powerful SpillZone and FollowSolo functionality, as well as a server-based event logger application, which is logging Vista system and user-events.
With an integral DSP engine of 96 channels, the Vista 1 can handle mono, stereo and 5.1 inputs with ease, and is provided with a standard configuration of 32 mic/line inputs, 16 line outputs and four pairs of AES inputs and outputs on rear panel connections which also can be customized.
I/O can be expanded using the standard Studer D21m card slot on the rear, to allow MADI, AES, AoIP (including AES67), ADAT, TDIF, CobraNet, Dolby E/Digital, SDI connections etc. MADI links can connect to any of the Studer Stagebox range for XLR connectivity as well as other formats.
The Vista 1 also features an integral jingle player, played from audio files on a USB jingle stick (such as station ID or background FX), and triggered by a series of eight dedicated keys in the master section.
The Studer Vista 1 Black Edition also features a redundant PSU for peace of mind, and RELINK integration with other Studer Vista and OnAir consoles means the Vista 1 can easily share signals across an entire console network.
• 32 or 22 motorised faders, with Studer FaderGlow™
• Up to 256 Inputs and Outputs
- Standard configuration (32 Mic/line In, 32 Line Out, 8 AES In & Out) can be customised
- Desk operator headphone
- USB jingle player socket
- Integral 64x64 optical MADI port
- Slots for additional D21m I/O cards (one double-width or two single-width cards), such as AoIP (AES67/Dante, Livewire), Dual-MADI, AES/EBU, ADAT, TDIF, CobraNet®, Aviom A-Net®, Dolby® E/Digital, SDI, etc.
• 96 DSP channels, including 5.1 surround channels
• Powerful integrated Lexicon FX
• Soundcraft Realtime Rack Plug-in engine
• True broadcast monitoring, talkback, red light control and 8 general-purpose control inputs/outputs (GPIO)
• Input level and gain reduction LED bargraph meter in every fader strip
• Optional TFT-Meter Bridge
• 6 high-resolution VFD master level meters
• Full mix-minus (n–x) system for live two way operations
• Vista data format compatibility for easy transfer of console snapshots between different Vista consoles
• Integrated jingle player for immediate playback of 8 different station identifier clips, background FX or other audio files from a jingle stick/USB memory device
• Studer Virtual Vista Online/offline editor
• Snapshot automation
• Outstanding Theatre CUE list automation
• Support for the Studer® Vista Compact Remote Bay over Ethernet or even WLAN
• Harman HiQnet® support for controlling other Harman devices
• Ember and Pro-Bel protocol support for use with broadcast/ newsroom automation systems
• Redundant PSU
• Studer’s RELINK input/output sharing system allows sharing inputs and outputs with other Studer Vista and OnAir consoles
• Support for the whole Studer stagebox range via a MADI link, such as the 4U Studer Compact Stagebox
• The system can be extended by using additional Studer D21m I/O frames accepting cards from the comprehensive D21m I/O system programme
For more information: