CINEMACON (Milano3), LAS VEGAS - HARMAN
Professional Solutions have introduced JBL 200 Series two-way
ScreenArray® cinema loudspeakers, helping small and mid-sized cinemas
upgrade to next generation JBL technologies for improved coverage and
smooth sound reproduction at an accessible price point.
patent-pending Dual Dissimilar Arraying and Acoustic Aperture
Technology, the 200 Series continues the JBL legacy of leadership and
innovation in cinema audio, combining a compact design with the latest
technology for superior performance and better coverage for raked
seating. The models have a very narrow depth, from 12-14" thin, perfect for small and medium multiplexes with space constraints.
rooms becoming more popular, cinemas need to give customers a
captivating and accurate audio experience from every seat in the house,”
said Dan Saenz, Cinema Solutions Manager, HARMAN Professional
Solutions. “The new JBL 200 Series helps small and medium cinemas
provide a great sonic experience at every seat, offering next-generation
technology for improved coverage and exceptional performance for raked
seating configurations. With the release of the 200 Series, we are
thrilled that cinemas can now upgrade to industry-leading ScreenArray
technology at an accessible price point.”
JBL 200 Series was designed to offer cinemas an affordable solution for
creating the best possible audio experience in small- to mid-sized
rooms. By including new, patent-pending technologies that complement the
legendary sound of JBL cinema loudspeakers, the 200 Series offers a
solution without compromise—improving performance and coverage while
dramatically lowering the total cost of ownership.
patent-pending Dual Dissimilar Arraying design combines two asymmetric
high-frequency drivers in tandem, making it possible to sculpt the
geometry of modern cinemas. While traditional configurations require
three-way loudspeakers to achieve this level of performance, Dual
Dissimilar Arraying creates coverage patterns specifically designed for
raked seating in modern cinemas. And with the 200 Series, simultaneously
lowers the total costs of ownership of such a system.
JBL 200 Series also includes Acoustic Aperture Technology that works
seamlessly with its low-distortion 15” driver. The integrated Acoustic
Apertures create a horn-loading effect, helping to maintain a wide
horizontal coverage pattern through the crossover range while improving
speech clarity. The result is even coverage of the entire cinema seating
area, making every seat the best seat in the house.
The JBL 200 Series are not only suitable for traditional cinema spaces, they can be used in many other applications, such as:
- VIP Rooms
- Private Home Theatres
- Corporate Auditoriums
- Meeting Rooms and other multimedia applications.
- Two-way Next Generation ScreenArray® design for maximum output, improved coverage, and minimum distortion
- Patent pending Dual Dissimilar Arraying Technology
- Creates coverage pattern for raked seating areas
- Extends HF output power and pattern control a full octave in both spectrum extremes
- Patent pending Acoustic Aperture Technology
- Enhanced mid-range performance for a smooth crossover transition
- C211 and C221 use same HF driver as 7-Series Studio Monitors
- 12-14” footprint saves space without sacrificing performance
- Lower total cost of ownership
- Advanced passive crossovers and DSP in the amplifier, requires only one amplifier channel per speaker for most of the line.
- C211 Two-Way ScreenArray® Cinema Loudspeaker
- C221 Two-Way ScreenArray® Cinema Loudspeaker
- C222 Two-Way ScreenArray® Cinema Loudspeaker
- C222HP Two-Way High Performance ScreenArray® Cinema Loudspeaker
JBL Professional is supported and distributed in NZ by JPRO. JBL 200 Cinema Loudspeakers are now available to order with demo stock available in New Zealand - please contact JPRO if you are interested in a demo.
more about the JBL 200 Series line of Two-Way ScreenArray Cinema